Only 15 kilometers from Arusha National Park, Mount Meru is the perfect pre-climb trekA�as a way to prepare for acclimatization to Kilimanjaro, or simply to enjoy on its own.
- Located 15km from Arusha National Park (about 1 hour drive from Arusha)
- To take advantage of the acclimatization effect, one would need to first climb Mount Meru and immediately follow with Mount Kilimanjaro
- The park provides a mandatory guide / armed park ranger to protect climbers from elephants and buffalo
- The trail offers two main accommodation huts
- Only one main route up to the summit (4562 m / 14967 ft) with two possible paths, taking one up and descending via the other (longer vs. more direct but steep)
- En route option to visit Little Meru (3801 m / 12533 ft).A�A certificate of achievement will be issued for this as well
- We recommend 4 days for the hike as it is easier on the body and allows 1 extra day to come down. The trek could be completed in 3 days depending on preference
Momela Gate to Miriakamba Huts
The morning begins with a drive to Momela Gate (). Your journey heads to Miriakamba Huts ( )
Miriakamba Huts to Saddle Huts
Miriakamba Huts () to Saddle Huts ( ) a�� can do an optional short hike to Little Meru ( ) in the afternoon, about 45 mins up.
Saddle Huts to Summit to Miriakamba Huts
Saddle Huts () to Summit ( /). Followed by descent to Miriakamba Huts ( ) via Saddle Huts.
Miriakamba Huts to Momela Gate
Miriakamba Huts () to Momela Gate ( ).
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _z() (previously declared in /homepages/12/d285086173/htdocs/pathlighter/wp-content/themes/central/footer.php:3) in /homepages/12/d285086173/htdocs/pathlighter/wp-content/themes/central/footer.php on line 44