The Rongai Route approaches Kilimanjaro from the north and is less crowded than the most popular trails. Its gentle gradient and theA�accessibility of local wildlife are an added bonus, along with a fantastic view across to Kibo and the chance to walk across a�?the Saddlea�?. Our variation on this route makes for an safe and scenic choice on your Kilimanjaro summit.
- Regarded as theA�easiest route withA�high success rates to summit
- A longer drive is involved to get to the start point
- An added advantage to view both sides of the mountain; ascend from the North and descend via Marangu Route in the South
- Can have many variations to summit depending on preference
- Rongai via School Hut
- Rongai via Kibo Hut
- We recommend a minimum 6 days for the hike (see below itinerary) but could be extended to 7 days or shortened to 5 days (however that option is not as good for acclimatization)
Below is a sample itinerary for a 6A�day RongaiA�trek. As describedA�above there are many ways to summit and we can help you design the best route to maximize your ability to safely acclimate to the altitude of Kilimanjaro. Please contact our booking specialists to learn more!
Rongai Gate to Simba Campsite
After breakfast, your guide will meet you at your hotel in Arusha. The morning begins with a drive to Rongai Gate (). Your journey heads to Simba Campsite ( )
Simba Campsite to Kikelelwa Campsite
Simba Campsite () to Kikelelwa Campsite ( ) via Second Cave ( ).
Kikelelwa Campsite to Mawenzi Tarn Hut Campsite
Kikelelwa Campsite () to Mawenzi Tarn Hut Campsite ( ).
Mawenzi Tarn Hut Campsite to Kibo Hut
Mawenzi Tarn Hut Campsite () to Kibo Hut ( ).
Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak to Horombo Huts
Kibo Hut () via Gillmana��s Point ( ) to Uhuru Peak ( ). Followed by descent A�via Kibo Hut to Horombo Huts ( )
Horombo Huts to Marangu Gate
Horombo Huts () to Marangu Gate ( ).
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _z() (previously declared in /homepages/12/d285086173/htdocs/pathlighter/wp-content/themes/central/footer.php:3) in /homepages/12/d285086173/htdocs/pathlighter/wp-content/themes/central/footer.php on line 44